Block 787537: Important News of the Week
News. Updates. Research. Stats. Everything Important You Need to Know.
No Bullshit Bitcoin is the only audience funded Bitcoin news publication. If you find our feed useful and want to support our growth, consider supporting us on Geyser.
We know your time is scarce and we are here to help you maximize it. We prioritize audience value not clicks. Thank you for your support.
- Tor To Implement Proof Of Work Client Puzzle To Mitigate DoS Attacks
- Gemini Introduces A Non-US Crypto Derivatives Platform
- 700M Users Of Telegram Can Now Buy, Receive, Withdraw and Trade Bitcoin P2P
- UK's Online Safety Bill Takes Aim at End-to-End Encryption
- Every Wallet Generated With Trust Wallet Browser Extension Allowed For Stealing User Funds
- Amboss Raised $4M In Seed Funding Round Led By Stillmark
- Bitcoin Optech #248: Proposed Removal of BIP35 Mempool P2P Message
- Bitcoin Legal Defense Fund Is Backing 13 Bitcoin Developers Fighting CSW
- Bitcoin Whitepaper Removed In The Upcoming MacOS Update
- Brazil Court Bans Telegram (Again) For Not Sharing Information
- Spiral Distributed More Than $7M In Grants To Open Source Projects & Developers
- Bitcoin Policy Summit 2023: Panels, Video, Highlights
- Surveillance Firm Chainalysis Releases Report Identifying Russian Military Bitcoin Activity Then Deletes It
- Twitter Is Complying With More Government Demands Under Musk
- Lightningcon Vietnam 2023 Talks Are Available Online
- U.S. Regulators Rush To Rescue First Republic Bank
- Canada Passes Controversial Online Streaming Bill C-11
- Block's Bitcoin Mining ASIC Program Is Moving Forward
Releases and Updates
- Balance of Satoshis v15.0.0 Released
- Bluewallet v6.4.1: Payment Codes
- Mutiny Node v0.2.6: BDK Core + IndexedDB; Mutiny Node v0.2.8 Released
- LND v0.16.1-beta: Bug Fixes and Optimizations, LND v0.16.2: Fixes For Some Performance Regressions
- LDK v0.0.115: Rebroadcast the Bugfixes
- Current App v0.0.8: Badges, Relay Management, Plebhy
- Coinstr: Bitcoin Collaborative Custody Using Nostr
- Amethyst v0.35.0 (NIP-94 Descriptions), v0.36.0 (Private Relays), v0.37.4 (Zap Forwarding) Released
- Soma: A Spacechain On Signet With Anyprevout + Web App
- Strike's Send Globally Feature Now Available in Guatemala
- Lightning Loop v0.23.0-beta: MuSig2 As Default Swap Protocol
- Lightning Terminal v0.9.1-alpha: Software Updates
- Nunchuk Android v1.9.29 & iOS v1.9.24: Advanced Coin Control
- LiquidOps by bolt.observer: Automated Node Management
- Preturnio: Full-text Bitcoin Blockchain Search Engine
- BTCPay Server v1.9.2: Bug Fixes
- Chantools v0.11.0 Released
- Galoy v0.6.48: Features, Updates and Bug Fixes
- MyCitadel Desktop v1.3.0: More Advanced Miniscripts
- Electrum v4.4.1: Bug Fixes
Guides and Research
- Taproot Channel Transactions: An Overview
- The Emerging Bitcoin-Native Venture Capital Landscape 2022 - Report
- Following five upward Bitcoin mining difficulty adjustments in a row (since February 13, 2023), Mempool.space currently estimates a downward adjustment of ~5%.
- Mempool has become crowded again in the second half of the week, signaling growing demand for Bitcoin block space and higher fees for high-time preference network users.
- The Lightning Network node and channel count have slightly decreased this week, while the total network capacity went up by ~7 BTC, per Mempool.space.