Gemini Introduces A Non-US Crypto Derivatives Platform
The move follows similar remarks from Coinbase, which is expected to launch its own offshore derivatives exchange this week.
- "We are thrilled to announce the upcoming launch of Gemini Foundation — a non-US crypto derivatives platform."
- "Our first derivatives contract will be a BTC perpetual contract denominated in Gemini dollars (GUSD). An ETH/GUSD perpetual contract will launch soon thereafter."
- "Gemini Foundation will be available to customers in the following areas: Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Argentina, Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands (BVI), Bhutan, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Egypt, El Salvador, Guernsey, Israel, Jersey, New Zealand, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & Grenadine, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, and Vietnam."
- "Gemini Foundation will not be available to customers in the United States of America."
- The announcement follows a similar statement by Coinbase, which is expected to launch an offshore derivatives exchange this week, and has previously complained about "lack of regulatory clarity in the United States."