No Bullshit Bitcoin is the only audience funded Bitcoin news publication. If you find our feed useful and want to see No Bullshit Bitcoin grow, consider supporting us on Geyser.
Every contribution indicates that we're doing something right. We know your time is scarce and we are here to help you maximize it. Thank you for your support.
- Fold Is Working to Onboard New Trading and Custody Partners
- EU Parliament Passed DAC8: Crypto Service Providers Will Have to Report All Transaction Information on EU Clients
- Bitcoin.org Operator Cøbra Must Reveal Identity to Defend Themselves, U.K. High Court Rules
- UK Parliament Undermines Privacy, Security and Freedom of All Internet Users by Passing the 'Online Safety Bill'
- River Is Working on Non-Custodial No KYC Lightning Payments Solution for Developers
- Mullvad Partnered with Tailscale, Completed Migration to RAM-only VPN Infrastructure
- PlebLab's Summer 2023 Startup Day Videos Are Now Available
- GitLab Urges Users to Install Security Updates for Critical Pipeline Flaw
- Bitmain Unveils Antminer S21 Series
- Legends of Lightning Vol. 2 To Take Place on October 5 - December 17
Updates and releases
- Phoenix Android v2.0.6, iOS v2.0 Beta is Now on Testflight
- Breez Mobile v0.16 (iOS v1.0.22): UI Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Zeus v0.8.0-alpha Now Available to Olympus Subscribers, Open Beta Is Coming Soon
- Mutiny Node v0.4.17: NWC Budgeting
- Blockstream Green Lightning Integration Coming by the End of September - Q2 Report
- Formstr: Free and Open Source Alternative to Google Forms
- Alby Developer Portal Launched
- Nix Bitcoin v0.0.98 Released
- Amethyst v0.77.0-alpha: Amber Support
- The Bitcoin Company's Web App Added Auth47 Paynym Accounts
- Snort v0.1.14: Zap Splits
- Diamond Hands Partners with Boltz, Releases Improved DH Swap Service
- Virtual Bolt Card: Contactless Lightning Payments for Android
- IVPN Light: Short-Term VPN Access Priced in Sats
- Mutiny Wallet v0.4.19: NWC Budgeting
- GrapheneOS v2023091800 Released
- Samourai Dojo v1.21.0: $1 Fee Estimator
- New.Nostryfied.Online: Accelerated Instant Nostr Backups
- Simple Bitcoin Wallet v2.5.2: Ability to Attach External Wallets
- StartOS, UmbrelOS Now Let You Self-Host Private AI Models
- Minibits Wallet Is Now In Open Beta Testing on Google Play
- UTXOracle.py: Get Bitcoin Price Without Any Exchange or 3rd Party
- Specter Desktop v2.0.2: Multi-Descriptor Multisig Wallet Import
- Balance of Satoshis v16.0.1: Change Default Address Type to P2TR
- Damus v1.6.18 (TestFlight): NostrDB Profiles
- Trezor Suite v23.9.3: Simplified Bitcoin-only Firmware UI
- Fedimint v0.1.0: First Official Fedimint Release
- Alby Extension v3.2.1: Onchain Swaps, Bug Fixes, UI Improvements
- BTCPay Server v1.11.5: Minor Features and Bug Fixes
- Yana v0.10.10: NWC Integration
- ZapThreads: Threaded Comments Component Built on Nostr
- Jam v0.1.6: Wallet Imports
Guides and research
- Bitcoin Optech #269: Bitcoin Research Day
- How Hodl Hodl Used BTCPay to Onboard 20 Merchants & Facilitate 1.1 BTC at Bitcoin Conference - Case Study
- SeedSigner Independent Custody Guide
- Bitcoin mining difficulty adjusted upwards by 5.48% and reached a new all-time high at 57.12T.
- The current network's hashrate (7 day MA) surpassed 400 EH/s and is currently at ~406 EH/s.
- The Lightning network capacity continues its upwards climb and is currently at 4899 BTC.
- The network's total node count has risen by 1.7% as well, reaching 15627 nodes, while the total channel count increased by 1.5%, up to 68829 channels on the network.