No Bullshit Bitcoin is the only audience funded Bitcoin news publication. If you find our feed useful and want to see No Bullshit Bitcoin grow, consider supporting us on Geyser.
Every contribution, no matter how small, indicates that we're doing something right. We know your time is scarce and we are here to help you maximize it. Thank you for your support.
- BRICS Gold-Backed Common Currency To Be Introduced In August
- RFK Holds Up to $250K BTC In A Brokerage Account, Financial Records Show
- IMF Paper on Taxing Bitcoin Sees 'Quasi-Anonymity' as Greatest Challenge
- How Bitcoin Helps Civilians Escape The War in Sudan
- First U.S. Ban on Sale of Cellphone Location Data In Works In Massachusetts
- Institutional Investors Are Shunning Self-Custody Solutions - PwC Report
- Bitcoin Spot ETF Applications Refiled To Bring Coinbase Surveillance to Next Level
- The First Nostr Documentary 'Social Media Is Broken. Can We Fix It?' Is Out
- Bitcoin Dev Kit Foundation Established As US Non-Profit
- EU's Internal Commissioner Wants To Shut Down Social Media In Social Unrest
- Zeus Wallet Announced It Will No Longer Require Users To Run A Separate Node
- OpenSats Distributes First Wave of Bitcoin Grants
Updates and releases
- BitBanana v0.6.4: Support For New LNURL Schemes
- Machankura Clans Feature Lets Africans Send & Receive Bitcoin as a Group
- Cashu Nutshell v0.12.3: Pay To Pubkey (P2PK)
- Satlantis: You Can Now Play Word's Most Popular Game Minecraft and Earn Bitcoin
- Coldcard Edge v6.1.X: Minscript and MiniTapscript Support
- Mutiny Node v0.4.0: Subscription & Auth & Encryption
- The New Phoenix: A 3rd Generation Lightning Wallet
- Primal App for iOS Now Available on TestFlight
- BIP39 Colors Translates BIP39 Mnemonic To Colors & Vice Versa
- Block Unveils Key Pillars Of Its Mining Development Kit (MDK) Package
- Blockstream Satellite Network: Update For Users in Asia-Pacific Region
- GrapheneOS v2023071100 Released
- Nostr Wallet Connect App Is Now Live In Umbrel App Store
- f2pool Launched Bitcoin Transaction Accelerator
- Damus v1.6.(2) Released on TestFlight
- Bitcoin UX Research Toolkit Is Here To Aid Human Centric Bitcoin Products
- Bolt Card NFC Programmer Is Now Available on iOS
- Nostur v1.3.0: Removed Note Zaps, Login with nsecBunker & More
- Primal Open Sources Its Entire Stack, Opens Android Alpha & Raises $1M
- Bisq v1.9.12: Allow Cloning Offers
- MyCitadel Desktop v1.4: UI Improvements, Bugfixes, New Distributive Formats
- Mutiny Wallet Beta Is Now Open To Public
- LN Markets Increased Trading Limits, Hit A Record $50M Trading Volume In June
- Amethyst v0.68.1: Classifieds, Settings Page
- Breez SDK Core v0.1.2: Optimizations, Simpler API & More
- Peach Bitcoin v0.2.11: Liquid USDT
Research and guides
- Research: The Many Faces of Schnorr
- Building Blocks of Simplicity: Values and Types
- Bitcoin Optech #259: Proposal to Remove Details from the LN Specification
- Zapple Pay Guide: Zap Even If They Say It's Forbidden
- How To Buy No-KYC Sats with AgoraDesk
- Bitcoin mining difficulty recovered and adjusted to a new record high of 53.91 T - a 6.45% increase.
- An average 7-day simple moving average hashrate is currently reaching 381 EH/s.
- The Lightning network experienced the largest downward change in channel capacity to date yet, as it decreased by more than 580 BTC.
- The drop is attributed to River. The company performed planned channel house keeping and cleaned up unnecessary channels. According to River's CEO and CTO Alexander Leishman, the cleanup caused no degradation in network's performance and it is now more capital efficient. "This is illustrative of why public channel capacity is not a very useful metric," the CTO added.
- The total node count went down by 22 nodes, and now there are approximately 800 less channels on the network, per mempool.space.
- Primal.net network statistics show that Nostr added approximately new 3500 users this week
- Nostr currently has over 10000 daily active and over 20000 weekly active users, per stats provided by Nostr.band.