- "We are excited to announce that Mutiny Wallet beta is now available to everyone! Getting started with Lightning is as simple as clicking a link," stated the announcement.
- Disclaimer: "Mutiny Wallet is now released, but still early! Learn more about it below and some of the early limitations. These issues may be more prominent with the expected load we'll see this week."
- Lightning Network. "The building blocks of our application are built off of Block's Lightning Development Kit (LDK) project."
- Just-in-time Channels. "We've partnered with Voltage to be the main Liquidity Service Provider with their new Flow 2.0 product that we helped develop. This integration allows a new Mutiny user to receive their first Lightning payment within seconds of opening the application."
- Bitcoin Balances. "We've decided to separate the balance between your funds locked up in Lightning channels and funds available for on-chain spending. When splicing is more widely available, this should significantly help solve all the problems with unified balances."
- Backups. "Typically, only your on-chain funds are secured by your seed words. So now, we've added encrypted & remote storage into the mix for restoring your latest Lightning-related data. If you ever clear your browser storage or move to a new device, your Lightning data will be pulled down from your configured backup server to restore your funds."
- "We use a new project called Versioned Storage Service to do this, which you may self host yourself."
- Nostr Wallet Connections. "NWC has first-class support in Mutiny. At its core is the ability to request a payment from your wallet. This can be used in nostr clients like Damus or Amethyst to tip users, but also allow any other NWC application as well."
- Subscriptions & Mutiny+. "The technology powering NWC can be used for much more than just tipping notes or profiles on Nostr. This feature can change the game for all payments on the web. That's why we are shipping with our first subscription feature, Mutiny+!"
- "Mutiny+ does not provide you with many perks for the time being. But the beauty is that we're demonstrating how easy it is to offer a pull-based subscription feature built on top of NWC."
- "With a Mutiny+ subscription, you will get a payment request from Mutiny to renew your subscription each month. Since we enforce manual approvals, money will only leave your wallet once you accept the payment request. Deny the payment or turn off the integration to cancel your subscription."
- "We're starting Mutiny+ at 21k sats per month. We plan on shipping various paid-only features soon, such as gifting sats, custom payment algorithms to increase payment reliability, and priority support."
- Funding Mutiny. "We're expecting a lot of load on our LSP for the first few days or week to come. Payments may appear stuck for a few hours if we're experiencing issues. Alternatively, you can open a channel manually with any node on the Lightning Network and Mutiny should work just the same."
- Payment Reliability. "We have some features in the works to improve this, but please excuse any failed payments for now."
- Force-Closes. "We’ve fixed every bug we’ve identified, but there are still potential hidden problems due to the complexity of Lightning. Because of this, we express some caution when opening large channels while we are still in beta."
- On-chain Balances. "Sometimes when the app reloads, it may need to recheck the blockchain for all your on-chain transactions. So while this happens, it may show a 0 balance for up to a minute while it resyncs."
"Stay tuned as we develop more content around specific features and how the wallet works. Some of our planned articles are around lightning privacy improvements, self-hosting guides, and a deep dive into features like Nostr Wallet Connect."