No Bullshit Bitcoin is the only audience funded Bitcoin news publication. If you find our feed useful and want to see No Bullshit Bitcoin grow, consider supporting us on Geyser.
Every contribution, no matter how small, indicates that we're doing something right. We know your time is scarce and we are here to help you maximize it. Thank you for your support.
- LNDK Developer Alyssa Hertig Receives Spiral Grant
- Head of Chainalysis Investigations Admits There's No Scientific Evidence Proving Their Surveillance Software Works
- FBI Seizure of Mastodon Server is a Wakeup Call to Decentralized Platform Users and Hosts
- HRF Launched 20 BTC Bounty Challenge for Improvements Requested by Activists
- PayPal Shut Down GrapheneOS Foundation's Account Used For Donations
- Spiral Quarterly Update Q3 2023
- Adopting Bitcoin Conference 2024 Will Take Place on January 26-28 in Cape Town
Updates and releases
- Mempool.Space Introduced Mempool Clock, Calculator\
- Nix Bitcoin v0.0.95 Released
- Electrs v0.10.0 Released
- LDK v0.0.116: Lightning Anchor Channels Support
- Iris Desktop App v0.2.0: New Features & Performance Improvements
- Mempool.Space Updates: Full RBF, P2PK Outputs & More
- Mutiny Wallet v0.4.4 Released, Android Version Is Available For Testing
- Amethyst v0.71.0: Geohash
- Breez SDK Core v0.1.4: Custom Errors & Bugfixes
- SimpleX Chat v5.2.0: Message Delivery Receipts
- GrapheneOS v2023072400 Released
- Cashu Nutshell v0.13.0: Ecash Seed Phrase Backups
- Mostro v0.7.8: Fixes & Improvements
- Arcade v0.3.2-beta: AI Chat, Performance Upgrades
- BTCPay Server v1.11.0: Reporting, PoS Cart Redesign, Payment Sounds & More
- CalyxOS New Available For Pixel Tablet and Pixel Fold
- Geyser Integrates Zaps, Launches Grant For Bitcoin Educational Communities
- Primal Android App Is Officially in Beta, No Longer Read-Only
- Envoy Wallet v1.3.0: Redeem Azteco Vouchers with a Single QR Scan
- CivKit Orage: LN Node with Focus on Availability, Modularity & Security
- Thunderhub v0.13.20 Released
Guides and research
- Bitcoin Optech #261: Simplified LN Closing Protocol
- Bitcoin Bolt Ring: Contactless Lightning NFC Payment Ring
- Bitcoin mining difficulty adjusted downwards by -2.94% to 52.33T on block 800352.
- The average 7-day simple moving average hashrate currently sits at ~375 EH/s.
- The Lightning Network capacity is at 4758 BTC, down by more than 200 BTC in the past seven days, per mempool.space.
- The total number of channels and nodes on the network remains relatively unchanged.