Some of the latest Amethyst updates include:
Release v0.71.0: Geohash
- Adds support for the
gtag with a precision of 5x5km.
- Adds support for the following locations
- Adds support for multiple locations in lists
- Refactors New Post Buttons to make them more similar to one another
- Improves Translation-skip Indexes
- Reviews closing of response.body calls
- Refactors unused elements in VideoView
- Refactors Relay class to remove the Synchronized block
- Improves reachability of the relay screen when the keyboard is visible
- Fixes memory leaks when playback services are destroyed
- Fixes video release leak when double clicking on the Stories tab
- Fixes a crash when the video playback service isn't ready
Release v0.70.0: Background Playback
- Moves Video/Audio player to a foreground service.
- Migrates Feed, Stories, and Live Stream screens to use that service
- Blocks screen from going to sleep if a video is playing.
- Blocks WIFI from going to sleep if an online video is playing.
- Allows the app to pause while listening to media and continue playing
- Manages cache for up to 30 videos in parallel for each of the 3 categories: local, streaming, progressive content
- Activates the use of popups with artwork that points to the screen with the video
- Creates a button to allow any video to play while browsing the app/phone
- Moves app to SingleTop mode.
- Keeps viewed position cached for up to 100 videos.
- Restructures the starting screen from App Navigation
Release v0.70.1: Bugfix for F-Droid
- Restructures the spacing in the first and second rows of a post
- Fixes Wake-Lock permission line that crashes on the F-droid version
Release v0.70.2: Bugfixes
- Updated se/de/cs translations by @davotoula
- Moves the video caching service initialization foreground services.
- Fix boosted notes from blocked users appearing as blank by @greenart7c3
Release v0.70.3: Bufixes & Improvements
- Fix KeepPlayingButton color in light theme by @greenart7c3
- Adds a space when rendering inline images and url previews for @npub1aeh2zw4elewy5682lxc6xnlqzjnxksq303gwu2npfaxd49vmde6qcq4nwx
- Moves the loading of an Accounts backup contacts to the IO Thread
- Adjustments to Modifiers in the Chatroom screen
- Refactors ChatroomHeader compose
Release v0.70.4: Wakelock Leak
Release v0.70.5: UI Bugfixes & Improvements
- Releases the video player on Mutex when destroying the app.
- Releases the Mutex when stopping the feed.
- Fixes lightning colors
- Fixes color of the NIP05 address in the profile
- Removes extra padding in the video of a live activity mention
Release v0.70.6: Refactoring and improvements (Don't use this version)
- Fixes a crash when onNewIntent is called before onCreate
- New Post, Relay Choice: Select/Deselect all options by @greenart7c3
- New Post, Relay Choice: Fixes missing switch when url is too long by @greenart7c3
- Adds missing OptIn when using GlobalScope by @greenart7c3
- Refactors Crypto/Hex/Bech classes and dependencies
- Simplifies relay connection status
- Moves to OkHttpClient on URL Preview Queries
- Moves to OkHttpClient on Image uploads
- Refactoring of the Connectivity Settings
- Avoids crossfading animations when loading NIP94 and NIP95 content
- Moves playback service startup to the IO Thread
- Activates Strict mode in debug
- Updates Firebase version
- Updates Hungarian translations by @ZsZolee
Release v0.70.7: Coding is hard
- Bug fix for encrypting new private messages
- Bug fix for the back button going back in the stack instead of leaving the app