- "Unfortunately, PayPal permanently locked our GrapheneOS Foundation account today," said the organization.
- "No reason has been provided for the account being locked. All we've done is accept donations."
- "We added our bank account information yesterday in order to begin withdrawing money and it was locked."
"GrapheneOS Foundation is a non-profit organization incorporated federally in Canada. PayPal required us to provide both proof of identity and address for each director along with other documents, etc. to have our account approved."
- "We believe our account was shut down because we accept cryptocurrency donations including via Monero. PayPal partially locked our account and demanded proof for source / purpose of each transaction. We provided a link to https://grapheneos.org/donate. Our account was then force closed."
- "We received CA$3,950.75 [~USD$3,000] of donations through it."
Bitcoin can be used to donate to the non-profit GrapheneOS Foundation. You can send Bitcoin donations to the following Bech32 (Segwit) address:
Alternatively, you can donate to the following Bech32m (Taproot) address if your wallet supports it (preferred):
- Other donation options can be found here.