Block 786500: Important News of the Week
News. Updates. Research. Stats. Everything Important You Need to Know.
No Bullshit Bitcoin is the only audience funded Bitcoin news publication. If you find our feed useful and want to support our growth, consider supporting us on Geyser.
We know your time is scarce and we are here to help you maximize it. We prioritize audience value not clicks. Thank you for your support.
- Bhutan Sovereign Investment Fund Secretly Held Millions of Dollars in Cryptocurrency
- Silk Road Hacker Sentenced For One Year and One Day In Prison For Wire Fraud
- Unchained Raises $60M Series B Round, Rebrands
- Intel Discontinues Bitcoin Mining Chip Series Amid A Cost-Cutting Spree
- Apple's iOS 17 Might Set The Stage For Sideloading Apps on iPhone
- Michael Saylor's Rationale Behind MicroStrategy Lightning Email Addresses
- Former National Security Council Chief of Cybersecurity on Censoring Bitcoin
- Coinbase Threatens To Move Its Base Outside US, Cites Lack of Regulatory Clarity
- Trezor Launches Coinjoin Integration with Wasabi Wallet
- PSA: Upgrade Your LUKS Key Derivation Function
- EU Parliament Passes FATFs Travel Rule & MiCA Licensing Regulations
- Mullvad VPN Was A Subject To A Search Warrant, No Customer Data Found
- Coinbase Gets Bermuda License, Plans To Launch Offshore Derivatives Exchange
- Tornado Cash Developer Alexey Pertsev Freed Pending Trial
- NIP-94 Merged: File Sharing on Nostr
Releases and updates
- MyCitadel v1.2.0: More Supported Hardware Signers
- BTCPay Server v1.9.1: Bug Fixes
- BitBox App v4.37: Blümlisalp Update
- Blockstream Green Mobile v4.0.0: Redesigned Mobile Experience
- Descriptor Wallet v0.9.2: Improved Command-line Explorer
- n3xB: Naive Nostr No-KYC Exchange for Bitcoin
- BDK v0.28.0 Released
- Nutstash Wallet v0.1.10: Available on Umbrel App Store
- MyNode v0.3.15 Released
- Mutinynet: Custom Signet with 30 Second Blocks
- Muun Wallet v2.7.5: Improved Reliability, Unified QR
- Ananostr: A Craiglist Alternative on Nostr
- Nunchuk Desktop v1.9.18: UI Improvements
- Plebstr v0.3.0: Direct Messages
- Snort v0.1.7: Per Event Zap Targets, Polls, Link Previews
- AgoraDesk Mobile App Is Officially Out of Beta
- Zapworthy: Nostr Highlights
- Electrum v4.4.0: New Android GUI, Privacy Features
- Strom: Lightning/Nostr Enabled OCPP Bridge
- Balance of Satoshis v14.0.0 Released
- RoninDojo v2.0.0: Switched OS from Manjaro to Debian
- Wavman: Open Source Music Player for Nostr
- Tor Browser v12.0.5: Updates & Bug Fixes
- Polar v1.4.1: Latest Node Implementation Versions
- Bitkit v1.0.0-beta.43 Released
- JoininBox v0.7.7: Custom Change Address Option In Send
- LNbits v0.10.4 Released
- Amethyst v0.34.1: Support for NIP-94, Fixes
Guides and Research
- A Technical Overview of Taproot Outputs and MuSig2
- Bitcoin Hardware Wallets Overview (2023)
- Bitcoin mining difficulty has adjusted upwards yet again this week and reached a new all-time high of 48.71T.
- Average 7-day simple moving average of Bitcoin hashrate is currently hovering around 352 EH/s.
- The mempool has cleared several times this week, following a prolonged period of higher fees prompted by the Ordinals hype.
- The Lightning Network node count has slightly increased this week, while the total network capacity and channel count have both decreased by less than 1%.