Blockstream Green Mobile v4.0.0: Redesigned Mobile Experience
"We are confident the latest release of Green is the best version yet and are excited to share the newly redesigned wallet now available for mobile users (with a desktop version in development)."
- "Your self-custody setup should evolve and become more robust over time, especially as your bitcoin stack begins to grow. We addressed this challenge by providing a simple, safe user flow for beginners while educating them on the basics of self-custody, as well as an all-new flexible interface for advanced users who seek a higher degree of control and greater functionality, including singlesig, multisig with two-factor authentication (2FA), and hardware wallet integration, and soon with more options like payments on the Lightning Network and separate cold storage watch-only wallets."
- "For users who are particularly concerned about the security of their setup, there is an option to take the keys offline completely."
- "The Blockstream Green wallet is composed of several core services, the signer and the validator most importantly, which are fundamental in understanding self-custody and why Bitcoin is valuable as uncensorable money."
- "We also prioritize privacy by default in Green, with user metadata, such as transaction notes and wallet preferences, cross-synced across platforms (e.g., iOS, Android, desktop) by a blind, encrypted service and without any KYC requirements."
- "For further privacy, Green’s 2FA option allows for time-based-one-time-passwords (TOTP) with an authenticator app of your choice, thus maintaining the highest degree of privacy and 2FA security."
- "Additionally, Green has a built-in Tor service, or users can alternately connect with a proxy (via VPN) when accessing the wallet."
- "Once Greenlight is integrated, Blockstream Green will be the first wallet in the market to enable payments across the Bitcoin mainchain and its major layer-2 solutions, Liquid and Lightning."
- "We also plan to introduce watch-only wallets that can be paired with even more hardware devices (e.g., ColdCard, Bitbox, Seedsigner, and Passport) to help users better track daily spending habits with a greater degree of security."
- "To gain priority access to new Green features before they are officially released, such as a self-custodied Lightning wallet and more hardware wallet functionality, join Green’s new beta program."
Announcement / Archive
GitHub Repo (Android)
GitHub Repo (iOS)