- TBD and Circle are collaborating on a set of open standards and open source technologies aimed at enabling global-scale, mainstream adoption of digital currency in payments and financial applications. The first step of which will support cross-border remittances and self-custody wallets that can hold stablecoins.
- We are supporting USDC with an eye on a number of use cases that make it easy for developers to build on top of Block’s tbDEX protocol and its Web5 decentralized identity platform.
These use cases include:
- Ubiquitous global on-and-off-ramps that connect traditional payments rails to digital assets, making it easier and more accessible for consumers and businesses around the world to benefit from the crypto economy.
- Faster, lower cost remittances globally – starting from the U.S. to Mexico.
- Self-custody wallets that can hold stablecoins – U.S. dollar denominated stablecoins – to provide a store of value to individuals in countries who must balance limited access to U.S. dollars with hyperinflationary environments.