Whirlpool Surge Rounds: If Mining Fee Is Higher Than Needed Additional Remixers May Be Added
Whirlpool surge cycles have been activated - if incoming UTXOs overpay miners fees the coordinator may select additional remixers.
- "Whirlpool surge cycles: in the event that fees are overpaid once the basic configuration is set by the coordinator, extra remixer-output pairs are chosen so as to lower the sat/b rate effectively paid."
- "Post-mix utxos safely separated from unmixed change. Post-mix utxos and unmixed change cannot be spent together thanks to Tx0. Each cycle extending forward-looking anonymity of post-mix coins whether they remix or not."
- "No client software was affected by this change. Java & Rust libs required no modifications."
Whirlpool Server v0.23.36
- add surges
- add config: server.miner-fees.surge-relay-fee, server.pools[x].surge
Whirlpool Stats v0.4.0
- The Whirlpool stats tools have also been updated to account for the updated configuration of Whirlpool cycles.
Announcement / Archive
GitLab Repo (Whirlpool Server)
GitLab Repo (Whirlpool stats)