OpenSats Receives Additional Funding of $10M From Jack Dorsey's #startsmall
The funding will be dedicated to Bitcoin and related open-source projects, including the growing Nostr ecosystem.
- "We are delighted to announce that OpenSats has received a generous donation of $10 million from Jack Dorsey's philanthropic initiative, #startsmall, which will be used to support the development of free and open-source software and projects focusing on bitcoin, nostr, and related technologies."
- "Half of the donation amount - $5m USD - will be dedicated to advancing the new and growing nostr ecosystem."
- "We have set up a committee of nostr developers and tinkerers, including fiatjaf and NVK, who will help us to evaluate projects and protocol contributions."
- "If you are working on nostr and looking for funding, please apply here: https://opensats.org/apply"
- "As part of expanding these efforts, NVK and Gigi are joining the OpenSats board to help with our organizational and funding decisions. Gigi will be joining in a full-time capacity to lead our ongoing operations and strategy."
- "The structure of OpenSats remains unchanged: we want to create a sustainable, independent, and consistent ecosystem of funding for bitcoin, nostr, and other open-source projects."
- Previous #startsmall contributions include grants to GrapheneOS, The Tor Project, The Calyx Institute, Signal Technology Foundation, Clara Lionel Foundation, and many more.