- "This release fixes several lightning-related security issues. We will disclose these in 3 weeks; in the meantime, please upgrade."
- security fix: multiple lightning-related security issues have
been fixed. We will disclose these in detail on 2023-09-11.
These release notes will also be updated at that time.
- fix: cannot sweep from channel after local-force-close, if using
imported channel backup (#8536). Fixing this required adding a
new field (local_payment_pubkey) to the channel backup
import/export format and bumping its version number
(v0->v1). Both v0 and v1 can be imported, and we only export v1
backups. When you force close a channel, the GUI will prompt you
to save a backup. In that case, you must export the backup using
the updated Electrum, and not rely on a backup made with an older
release of Electrum. Note that if you request a force close from
the remote node or co-op close, you do not need to save a channel
- fix: we would sometimes attempt sending MPP even if not supported
by the invoice (2cf6173c)
- fix lnurl-pay when config.BTC_AMOUNTS_ADD_THOUSANDS_SEP is True
- Trezor: support longer than 9 character PIN codes (#8526)
- Jade: support more custom-built DIY Jade devices (#8546)
- include AppStream metainfo.xml in tarballs (#8501)
- fix: exceptions in some callbacks got lost and not logged (3e6580b9)