Coldcard Mk4 v5.0.7: Temporary Seed Signing, NFC Tools Menu, and More
- In older versions, multisig NFC import not offered if a MicroSD card was inserted, now this option provided Settings > Multisig Wallets > Import via NFC. NFC has to be enabled for this option to be visible in the menu.
- NFC message signing (Advanced/Tools > NFC Tools > Sign Message). Send message in same format as Sign Text File over NFC, approve signing on Coldcard and send signed ASCII-armored message back over NFC.
- Show address over NFC (Advanced/Tools > NFC Tools > Show Address).
- Bugfix: Improved NFC commands exception handling
- Bugfix: Share single address over NFC from address explorer menu.
- Dynamic HSM Whitelisting. Foreign outputs can be attested-to by signing them with private key corresponding to the address specified in HSM policy. Attestation signature MUST be provided in PSBT in a new proprietary field.
- HSM policy hash is now displayed during first activation and in the HSM status response. This enables fast comparison against known policy hashes.
- Thanks to @straylight-orbit for above items!
- Now ignores HSM commands over USB, by default. To enable and use HSM features, go to Advanced/Tools > Enable HSM > Enable
- New Feature: Ephemeral Seeds: Advanced/Tools > Ephemeral Seed (more info in
- Enhancement: New menu wraparound settings which allow you to scroll past top and bottom of any menu (Settings > Menu Wrapping).
- Enhancement: Allow import of new descriptor type which specify both internal/external in single string (ie.
../<0;1>/..). We still export in older format.
- Enhancement: add ability to specify address format in text file to be signed (3rd line of file)
- Bugfix: Correct parsing of unknown fields in PSBT: they are now passed through.
- Bugfix: Using lots of trick pins (7+), could lead to a case where the Coldcard would not accept the main pin, but trick pins continued to work. This release adds a workaround to avoid getting into that situation, and new units from the factory will ship with an updated bootrom (version 3.1.5).