- "This release has a lot of goodies, such as Simple Taproot Channels support, new robust Tor implementation for Android and support for a bunch of new languages."
- "With the new Persistent Mode on Android you can keep Blixt Wallet running all the time in the background."
- Updated to lnd 0.17.1 rc3.
- Speedloader has been improved with support for bsdiff patches. This means you won't have to download the full channel database for each sync, resulting in speedier syncs.
- Zero confirmation channels is now supported on Dunder LSP!
- Added support Simple Taproot Channels for manual channel openings. Simple Taproot Channels will be enabled for Dunder LSP too in the near future.
- Chain filter syncing should be substantially faster, as a part of Neutrino performance improvements in lnd 0.17.0.
- New languages! We have support for 12 new languages: Czech, Danish, Finnish, Hindi, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Romanian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Swahili and Kenyan Swahili.
- Changed the camera lib to react-native-vision-camera. This camera lib should be more performant and offers faster QR code scanning.
- Receiving onchain via Taproot is enabled by default and the setting for it has been removed. Long-press on the "Generate address" button to generate a SegWit address.
- Upgraded react-native to version 0.72.6. This has resulted in faster startup times.
- Added the ability to set a custom preimage for invoices. Enable this feature in settings.
- Added the ability to set outgoing channel when paying an invoice.
- Added the ability to change speedloader server.
- Added "Force close delay" information to Lightning channel info boxes.
- Increase recovery window to 500 addresses when recovering wallets. Blixt could previously sometimes miss recovering funds.
- Fix a bug where payment duration information on payments would be reset after app restart.
- Added the ability to delete neutrino files.
- Added log screen for speedloader.
- Added the ability to export the speedloader log.
- New Tor implementation! This new implementation should be much more robust and reliable.
- Persistent Mode. In this mode, Blixt Wallet and lnd will run persistently in the background. This can be useful for when you're awaiting payments.
- This also lets you always keep in sync with the Bitcoin chain, make spontaneous payments really quick.
- In the near future, we will allow Lightning Address support for any user running Persistent Mode, via the service Lightning Box.
- Note: This may affect your battery life depending on the device. Experiment with this new feature and let us know your experience.
- We now explicitly only build for arm64-v8a. This has resulted in slightly smaller APK sizes.
- Fixed scheduled background job not closing down properly.
- Fixed LndMobileCenter not working.
- App now targets Android 13 (SDK 34).
- There is hidden support for "LNURL-pay forwarding" via bLIP-TBD, used in Lightning Box.
Thank you to all code contributors and translators working on this release.
- Hampus Sjöberg
- Nitesh Balusu
- Kevin Cai
- Blixt community