BitMEX Extended Chris Coverdale’s StratumV2 Grant Until November 2023
"BitMEX has extended Chris Coverdale’s Bitcoin developer grant until November 2023, a six month extension from the previous grant."
- "This is the fourth consecutive time BitMEX has provided Chris a grant, over a three year period."
- "Chris is working on StratumV2. StratumV2 is a new protocol for pooled Bitcoin mining, which can allow miners to select transactions rather than the pool operator."
- "This improves Bitcoin’s censorship resistance properties, and the new protocol helps with securing the communication and improving efficiency of the mining pool."
"I’d like to thank BitMEX for the continued support on funding open source software and Bitcoin development. This round of the grant will allow me to continue supporting efforts and development of the Stratum V2 protocol, as well as integrating Stratum V2 into Bitcoin. The work of building and integrating a Stratum V2 Template Provider into Bitcoin will allow me to contribute more time to reviewing code in Bitcoin. Thanks again to BitMEX for all the support and dedication in pushing open source software forward," said the grantee.
- "You can find out more about StratumV2 here."
- BitMEX is currently funding 5 Bitcoin developers, namely Bitcoin Core Developer Gleb Naumenko, Utreexo developer Calvin Kim, Bitcoin contributor Sjors Provoost, Lightning Network researcher Rene Pickhardt, and Chris Coverdale.