Nirvati: FOSS Server Management Solution
Citadel node creator Aaron Dewes announced his latest FOSS project.
- "The main goal of Nirvati is to fix mistakes I made in Citadel, and to bring the abilities of Citadel to a larger group of users."
- "Citadel 0.3.0 will be powered by Nirvati. It will be a 100% FOSS personal Bitcoin node, and extend Nirvati for Bitcoiners."
- "It will be 100% FOSS without any code with Umbrel's license, including a completely new UI (comment from Telegram group)."
- "It offers a modular base system projects like Citadel can build on. It currently handles these features:
- User management (Nirvati is built to support multiple users)
- App management
- Container management
- HTTPS for apps
- "With Nirvati, we have a much more lightweight core project. A majority of features are a lot simpler to implement with this new architecture."
- "We’ll launch this update soon. An app to get your node ready for beta-testing will also be provided through the Citadel app store soon."
- "Nirvati will also offer a few completely free services that are 100% funded by donations from our users. This will mostly focus on node remote access and security, and will be very similar to what Citadel currently offers with runningcitadel.com and sats4.me."