Zap Android Wallet Forked and Rebranded To BitBanana
"BitBanana has all the features that made Zap Android great, plus a host of additional capabilities. It will be actively developed while Zap - at least for now - is unmaintained."
- "The main reason for the change was to provide clarity. Zap Android was just one implementation of the Zap family, which consists of Zap Android, Zap iOS and Zap Desktop."
- "All three implementations are based on their own code base and are each developed and maintained by different developers. The features that these implementations offer are also not identical."
- "While I enjoyed working with the Zap team arround Jack Mallers, they are by now fully focusing on Strike."
- "Since I want to continue what I started with Zap Android, it's time to do it under my own name. They did no longer take an active part in decisions for quite a while and therefore should not be associated with the outcome."
- "Really not much. The whole git history is retained and the same developer is maintaining it. The fork happened at tag v0.5.9-beta."
- "You can even use the Backup/Restore functionality to easily migrate from Zap Android to BitBanana while keeping your contacts and connected nodes."
- The Name.
- The Logo.
- Slight color adjustments.
- Community management. BitBanana now has its own discord channel.
- Translations are now done with weblate.
- The "beta" status is ended and the app can now be normally rated an reviewed in the app store.
- Lots of new features in intial release (Taproot, Channel summary, closed channels, sign/verify, ... ).
- Over time more differences will occur as BitBanana is actively maintained and will receive new features.