- "The Stripe fiat-to-crypto onramp enables individuals to securely purchase cryptocurrencies directly from your platform or Dapp at the time of checkout. The onramp is fully customizable and you can integrate it into your product or service."
- "Stripe acts as the merchant of record for these onramp transactions and takes full liability for all fraud and disputes. Stripe also handles all regulatory requirements, know your customer (KYC) verifications, and sanctions screening."
- "Customers have the option of saving payment methods, KYC data, and wallet information with Stripe, which makes the returning onramp experience much faster."
"Stripe currently offers two implementation options for its onramp:
- An embeddable onramp (announced last December), which allows developers to insert a crypto-purchasing widget directly into their own website or app with just 10 lines of code.
- A Stripe-hosted onramp at crypto.link.com, to which companies can direct their US-based customers, no code required."
- None of the information on Stripe's website mentions Lightning Network, and all related product marketing pages appear to be aimed at "Web3" companies, but Bitcoin is among supported currencies.
- They payment processor has 2 million customers worldwide, and 3.1 million websites use Stripe for payment processing, according to earthweb.com.