Storm: Protocol Suite For Decentralized Storage and Messaging
"Storm operates on top of Lightning Network and provides a way of setting up long-term trustless storage channels, as well as an API for structured data propagation, storage and - last but not least - querying."
- "Storm provides functionality similar to Torrent, IPFS, more recent Hyperdrive and other distributed data networks - but right next to Lightning channels, with linked Lightning payments and without use of DHTs."
- In terms of Nostr, Storm can be described as follows:
- "relays are Lightning Nodes;"
- "not all data has to be signed, opening use case beyond social networks;"
- "embedded indexing and query capabilities allowing to build decentralized search engines (“decentralized Google”);"
- "support for trustless data storage based on zero knowledge with specially-designed form of Lightning Storm channels;"
- "data can be organized in application-based silos, and construct a DAG-based hierarchies;"
- "data are binary, may provide a custom application-specific schema for their internal structure."