- Primal introduced a new content moderation system for Nostr. It comes with:
- More transparency;
- Complete user control;
- Ability to opt in or out of filter lists;
- Ability to subscribe to other users’ mute lists;
- Ability to specify “never filter” allowlists.
"Primal’s trending algo is no longer easily gameable by bots. We implemented a new system based on web of trust. We will publish more details soon, but the high-level idea is to infer humanity of a pubkey based on its connections in the social graph. As always, full source code for this system is open and available in our repo," Primal CEO Miljan said.
- "Given this new capability, we removed everyone from the "can't trend" list. This means that every Nostr account is able to trend on Primal; they just need to post a note that produces genuine user engagement. We will monitor the results of this, but it is possible that a global "can't trend" list is no longer needed."
- "The best part: Primal’s trending feed got a whole lot better!"
Primal also released v0.15.1 for Android. It includes:
- Zapping fully implemented (1-tap zaps, custom zaps, zap settings);
- NWC for @getAlby and @Mutiny wallets;
- Solidified note posting;
- Various fixes.