Mutiny Wallet Raises $300K to Bring Easy and Private Lightning Wallets to Browsers
Mutiny is a self-custodial lightning wallet for browsing the web.
- "We're happy to announce Mutiny Wallet raised just over $300k during our pre-seed funding round!"
- The project founders are Tony Giorgio (CEO), Ben Carman (CTO), and Paul Miller (CPO).
- Project investors include Ten31, Brad Mills, Chris Hunter, American Hodl, Ti Kawamoto, and NVK.
What we're building
- Mutiny Wallet: A web-first wallet capable of running anywhere, providing instant onboarding and platform censorship resistance. Self-custodial, privacy-focused, and user-friendly.
- Routing Node / Lightning Service Provider (LSP): We're developing a next-generation node implementation tailored to Mutiny Wallet.
- Coinjoin: Mutiny Wallet and Vortex will join forces, integrating on-chain and lightning privacy tools.
- Synthetic dollars via DLCs: Lock up your bitcoin in contracts and obtain a stable dollar value.
- "Our team has already developed a proof-of-concept wallet and a first-of-its-kind lightning node in the browser."
- "Tony Giorgio and Paul Miller have spent the past six months at Voltage, building the LSP that will power Mutiny Wallet and laying the foundation for a seamless and innovative user experience."
- "Ben Carman's Vortex coinjoin project is ready, but needs the vertical integration to really succeed."
- "Now our job is to pull these parts together into a cohesive whole and ship the experience we know is possible."