Coinbase Received 12320 Government Demands for Customer Info This Year: Up 66% From Last Year
This report covers the period from October 1, 2021 through September 30. ~80% of law enforcement requests were from the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Spain.
- This report covers the period from October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2022. Last year’s report can be found here.
- Coinbase currently serves more than 108 million customers worldwide.
- There were a total of 12320 requests during the reporting period, a ~66% increase over last year’s report.
- 5304 requests were from US Agencies.
- ~80% of law enforcement requests were from the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Spain.
- 21 Countries sent requests for the first time in 2022, including 11 that sent more than one: Andorra (2), Argentina (2), Brazil (5), Bulgaria (3), China (12), Croatia (3), Czech Republic (104), Liechtenstein (4), Serbia (5), Slovakia (6), Taiwan (6).