CalyxOS v4.7.5: March Update Bugfix
CalyxOS is an Android mobile operating system that puts privacy and security into the hands of everyday users.
- The first build of this month had a bunch of bugs that we couldn’t catch before a Quarterly Platform Release (QPR), and we didn’t want to delay security updates either so we didn’t wait too long to test out every single thing.
- Bugfix for March 2023 Quarterly Platform Release and Security update is now available for the Pixels and the Fairphone 4.
- Drop 2-button navigation. It will get switched to 3-button navigation automatically.
- Google hasn’t supported this in years, and recent bugs made it unusable.
- Chromium: Fix adblocking, update to 111.0.5563.115 (latest stable).
- Fix scramble pin.
- Fix notifications for default SMS app (Messaging).
- Bring back Material You color themes, add more colors to it.
- Fix status bar vibrate mode icon.
- Improve theme of Settings -> System -> Other options -> Battery stats.
- Improve theme of Settings -> System -> Status bar icons.
- Pixel 6, 6 Pro, 6a: Fix Safetynet attestation
- Pixel 6, 6 Pro, 6a: Switch back to source-built kernel.
- Pixel 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL: Fix auto brightness.
- FP4: Fix auto brightness.
- Released to stable on Friday, 24 March.
We’re looking into ways to maintain stability while also not delaying security updates. See this GitLab issue for the existing discussion. We’ll post an update once we have something implemented.