Brink Receives $50K From BitMEX, Fundraiser with Marathon Nears $800K
All donations to Brink are 501(c)(3) tax-deductible and 100% of donations will support the Bitcoin developers building, securing, testing, and reviewing the Bitcoin Core software underpinning the Bitcoin network.
- "We are pleased to announce we’ve made a US$50,000 donation to Brink, a non-profit organization that exists to strengthen the Bitcoin protocol and network through fundamental research and development," BitMEX wrote in a blog post.
- “Brink is excited to partner with BitMEX, one of the early pioneers of Bitcoin open source developer grants, on our developer funding initiatives,” Brink’s Executive Director Mike Schmidt said.
- "In the past four years BitMEX has awarded close to US$2 million in funding to support open source Bitcoin development."
- Meanwhile, a fundraiser by Brink and Marathon Digital Holdings (MARA), in which they have partnered to raise $1M for Bitcoin developers, is nearing $800,000 mark.
- Marathon has agreed to match all donations up to $500,000.
- The fundraiser will run until December 31, 2023.