Bitcoin Beach Wallet Rebrands to Blink, Plans to Go Global
The wallet's previous acronym was perceived as "problematic."
- According to the team, "the name Blink represents the glimmer in the eye of a person who just received their first sats."
- Blink plans to enable any user to set their local currency in Q2 2023, making it easier for users to onboard and use bitcoin.
- The team's vision for Blink is for it to be available in every language where there's a Bitcoin community project.
- Blink also has merchant features that make it easy and flexible for businesses to receive payments over Lightning and on-chain, including LN address, a Lightning cash register, Nostr integration, and a printable pay code.
- The wallet also features in-app Bitcoin education, where users can earn sats for learning about Bitcoin's basics.