Balaji Forfeits $1M BTC Bet, Donates Additional $500k to Support Bitcoin Development
The entrepreneur took to Twitter to share the update, recorded a video and wrote a lengthy blog post about central banking and "the trillions."
- "The million dollar bet is now closed out by mutual agreement. I made $1M+ in provable on-chain donations, which you can verify by clicking the links below:"
- $500k to Bitcoin Core development via Chaincode Labs: http://bit.ly/core500k
- $500k to Give Directly: http://bit.ly/gived500k
- $500k to Medlock: http://bit.ly/med500k
- "So, I settled the bet ahead of time and donated even more than I had committed ($1.5M vs $1M). But why?"
- "Thing is: I’m not a trader, I’m not John McAfee, and I’m not in the habit of publicly burning a million bucks. The reason I did this was to send a provably costly signal that there’s something wrong in the economy that the government isn’t telling you about."
- Balaji also shared the following video update:
I just burned a million to tell you they're printing trillions. pic.twitter.com/pX5622rjUO— Balaji (@balajis) May 2, 2023