Amethyst's Vitor Pamplona revealed he's working on an improved Nostr DMs model:
- "Amethyst's new DM model will allow users to backup their outgoing DMs to a separate Nostr pubkey. If somebody gets access to the main key, they won't be able to find or even count your outgoing messages."
- "That will create a new class of micro apps to manage DM backup and recovery."
- "To recover DMs, the backup client re-signs all past messages to a new key your main client just created. If you have two or three clients, you can use 2-3 DM keys. The backup client can keep forwarding your own backed-up DMs to 2-3 other keys so that all clients can sync and see the same messages."
- "There are lots of interesting features of this model. The most important one is that when re-signing, the date/time of the original message doesn't need to be shown. The backup client re-signs everything as of today. The public doesn't know these are DMs and doesn't even know if the public date is relevant or not."
You can read more about it here.
Meanwhile, here are the latest updates for Amethyst.
v0.72.1: Caching improvements
- Expanded disk cache for images
- Moves NIP95 cache to internal/secure folders
- Fixes the interference between video and image caches
- Adds a cache forever tag to robohashes
- Moves URL Previews into suspend functions
- Adds a little border for Long Form Content
- Updated image upload API for nostr.build to v2 by @npub1nxa4tywfz9nqp7z9zp7nr7d4nchhclsf58lcqt5y782rmf2hefjquaa6q8
- Added support for NIP98 for nostr.build. Users with an account at nostr.build will upload files to their personal gallery through amethyst now by @npub1nxa4tywfz9nqp7z9zp7nr7d4nchhclsf58lcqt5y782rmf2hefjquaa6q8
- Updated French translations by @anthony-robin
- Fixes new lines after images
- Fixes URL links containing "-"
- Displaying a bytecounter for events in memory when the app pauses.
- Slighly Faster picture galleries
- Avoids null image url errors that might be delaying some of the rendering.
- Uses Lists instead of Sets to reduce memory consumption of pointers.
- Moves onCreate intent evaluation to the App Navigation
- Moves Geolocation search to the IO thread
- Avoids using String.format due to an inner Synchronized block
- Uses a faster method to generate the hex of a url
- Moves to a minified release.
v0.72.0: New memory management
- Adds aggressive memory management to avoid Out of Memory
- Fixes the App losing the back stack of screens
- Interns event strings to avoid duplicating memory with hashes and pubkeys
- Improves search by looking into all tags of all events
- Improves Tamil Translations by @
- Adds missing translations cs/de/se by @npub1e2yuky03caw4ke3zy68lg0fz3r4gkt94hx4fjmlelacyljgyk79svn3eef
- Adds cryptographic and base event support for NIP-24 (GiftWraps and Sealed Gossip)
- Increases confidence requirements for the Translator
- Refactors the event creation into a Factory
- Adds new kinds to the hashtag and geotag search feeds
- Fixes the explainer text of the geohash addon
- Updates to the latest libraries
- Removes leakcanary due to irrelevance
- Cleans up unused values in strings
- Fix: Ignores past version of addressable content in feeds
- Fix: Avoids showing community definition types in the community feed.
- Fix: Avoids downloading 1000s of Nostr Connect events that some clients are generating.