Tails v5.9: Client Updates and Bug Fixes
Tails is a portable operating system that protects your privacy and helps you avoid censorship. Tails uses the Tor network to protect your privacy online and help you avoid censorship. Enjoy the Internet like it should be. Run from a USB, Tails leaves no trace on the computer when shut down.
- Update Tor Browser to 102.7.
- Update the Tor client to 0.4.7.13.
- Simplify the error screen of the Tor Connection assistant when connecting automatically.
- Improve the wording of the backup utility for the Persistent Storage.
- Remove the confirmation dialog when starting the Unsafe Browser.
- Fix support for some graphics cards:
- Update the Linux kernel to 6.0.12. This improves the support for newer hardware in general: graphics, Wi-Fi, and so on. (#18467)
- Remove from the Troubleshooting Mode 2 boot options that break support for some graphics cards:
vga=normal. (#19321) Please let us know if the support for your graphics cards has been fixed or is still broken.
- Fix starting AppImages that use the Qt toolkit like Feather and Bitcoin-Qt. (#19326)
- Fix clipboard encryption and decryption in Kleopatra. (#19329)
Fix at least 2 cases of Persistent Storage not activating:
- When activation takes longer (#19347)
- When the Dotfiles feature includes symbolic links (#19346) Please keep reporting issues with the new Persistent Storage. We give them top priority!
Fix 3 clipboard operations with KeePassXC:
- Copying a passphrase to unlock a database (#19237)
- Using the auto-type feature (#19339)
- Clearing passwords automatically from the clipboard after 10 seconds
- Fix the display of the applications menu that was broken in some GTK3 applications installed as Additional Software. (#19371)
- Localize the homepage of Tor Browser when started from the Tor Connection assistant. (#19369)
For more details, read the full changelog.